Residents of Nasarawa state have raised the alarm over the mysterious disappearance of the manhoods of some innocent young boys in the state through alleged diabolic means.
A video that has gone viral said not less than 14 males have fallen victim. Their penis disappeared through a mere conversation or interaction with yet-to-be-identified penis snatchers on the loss.
The latest incident occurred four days ago in Doma Road Lafia town, the Nasarawa State capital. An eyewitness said he decided to post the picture on the internet to warn the public to be careful.
Diphtheria: Causes and how it spreads
The Federal Government on Monday, confirmed the spread of 7,202 cases of diphtheria across 105 Local Government Areas in 18 states, including the Federal Capital Territory.
The confirmed cases were recorded in Kano with 6,185 cases, Yobe (640), Katsina (213), Borno (95), Kaduna (16), Jigawa (14), Bauchi (eight), Lagos (eight), FCT (five), Gombe (five), Osun (three), Sokoto (three), Niger (two), Cross River (one), Enugu (one), Imo (one), Nasarawa (one) and Zamfara (one).
The Federal Government stated that 5,299 of the confirmed cases, which is 73.6 per cent, occurred among children aged one to 14 years with those aged five to 14 years bearing most of the brunt of the disease.
Diphtheria is a serious infection caused by strains of bacteria called Corynebacterium diphtheriae that make a toxin. It is the toxin that can cause people to get very sick.
Below are the important things to know about the causative factors of the disease and how it affects human.
Diphtheria is a serious infection caused by strains of bacteria called Corynebacterium diphtheria that make a toxin. It is the toxin that can cause people to get very sick. Diphtheria can infect the respiratory system, which includes parts of the body involved in breathing. When the bacteria get into and attach to the lining of the respiratory system, it can cause weakness, sore throat, mild fever, swollen glands in the neck.
It can also infect the skin, causing open sores or ulcers. However, diphtheria skin infections rarely result in severe disease.
How it spreads to others
1. Diphtheria bacteria spread from person to person, usually through respiratory droplets, like from coughing or sneezing.
2. People can also get sick from touching infected open sores or ulcers.
3.Those at increased risk of getting sick include; people in the same household.
4. People with a history of frequent, close contact with the patient.
5. People directly exposed to secretions from the suspected infection site (e.g., mouth, skin) of the patient.
How to reduce risk
Close contacts of someone with diphtheria should,
1. Receive antibiotics to prevent them from getting sick.
2. Parents to ensure that their children are fully vaccinated against diphtheria with the three doses of diphtheria antitoxin-containing pentavalent vaccine given as part of Nigeria’s childhood immunisation schedule.
3. Healthcare workers should maintain a high index of suspicion for diphtheria and practice standard infection prevention and control precautions while handling all patients in their care.
4. All healthcare workers (doctors, nurses, laboratory scientists, support staff etc.) with a high level of exposure to cases of diphtheria should be vaccinated against diphtheria.
4. Individuals with signs and symptoms suggestive of diphtheria should promptly present to a healthcare facility or designated diphtheria treatment centres.
6. If discovered, healthcare workers should notify their LGA, State Disease Surveillance Officer, their State Ministry of Health helpline, or the NCDC through our toll-free line on 6232.
My Mass Communication Degree did not waste – Singer, Simi
Popular singer, Simisola Kosoko aka Simi has stated that even though she is not using her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Mass Communication, it is not a waste. Recall that Simi bagged a Mass Communication degree from the prestigious Covenant University, but tossed her certificate aside for the mic. According to Simi, her Mass Communication degree didn’t waste even though she has never used the certificate. Obviously, impressed by how she communicates through her music and social media, Simi took to her Twitter handle to brag, “At least my Mass Comm degree did not waste.” Over the years, a cross section of Nigerian entertainers who are lawyers, doctors, engineers have come out to say they abandoned their academic qualifications to chase their passion in the entertainment industry.
How I Almost Gave Up On Film Production – BBNaija Star, Diane Speaks
Diane Russet, a former Big Brother Naija reality star, actress and filmmaker, has gone down memory lane.She recounted an incident that almost ended her film career.Diane recalled how she lost the file of one of her movie projects and had to reshot, stressing that the incident almost made her give up on filmmaking.She explained that she didn’t quit because of the encouragement from her friends in the industry.She narrated this while appearing on Hip TV’s programme, Trending, alongside Elozonam.The show was hosted by another reality star, Kimoprah.Diane said, “I usually thought that you had to go to film school, learn all the basics and all that. But they [my industry friends] also told me that you can learn on the job. So, I’m still learning on the job. It doesn’t mean I won’t go to film school. Hopefully, I will go to film school.“I’m learning on the job and it has been exciting. They [my industry friends] keep pushing me even when I feel like giving up.“There was one project that we lost the file, and I had to reshoot and that cost me a lot. And I remembered saying, ‘You know what? This is my last production. I am done.“I gave up. Everytime, they [my friends] will say, ‘Just finish seeing that one, you will come back again and we will produce another film.’ So, they always keep me going.”DAILY POST recalls that Diane’s ‘Ricordi’ won the Best Original Drama Series at the 2023 African Magic Viewers Choice Awards.
Education1 year ago
Education Minister Adamu Jets Out Amid Unresolved FG, ASUU Strike
LAW2 years ago
Late President Yar’Adua’s son remanded in prison for allegedly killing four people
Business2 years ago
Court freezes jailed Ex-Bank PHB MD, Atuche’s N19.1bn
Home12 months ago
Cristiano Ronaldo becomes the first player in History to score 700 club goals
Home2 years ago
Middle Belt Forum alleged foul play in Obadiah Mailafia’s death
African News2 years ago
Coup in Guinea as President is detain*International communities condemn action* Defence ministry says attack repelled
Business2 years ago
Abdul Samad Rabiu is now the second-richest man in Nigeria
Home1 year ago
Actress, Georgina Ibeh Opens Up After Being Accused Of Sleeping With Apostle Suleman