Police arrest six suspects for electoral offences in Benue
The Benue State Police Command has arrested six persons for different electoral offences in the February 25th Presidential and National Assembly elections.Spokesperson of the command, SP Catherine Anene, said the suspects were arrested for illegal possession of firearms, snatching of ballot boxes and illegal possession of nine Permanent Voter’s Cards (PVCs).Anene added in the statement;“According to the CP, the investigation has been completed and case diaries forwarded to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for further action. Intending electoral offenders are hereby warned to desist from such lawlessness as the command will not tolerate any act that will affect a peaceful electoral process.”The police spokesperson said the CP had directed area commanders, tactical commanders and DPOs to ensure that elections in their areas of responsibility were conducted peacefully.
I Prefer Kissing, S3x Scenes With Seasoned Actors – Nancy Isime
Popular actress and media personality, Nancy Isime has revealed how she feels acting s3x and scene kissing roles. She spoke during an interview with media personality, Dadaboy. According to her, she doesn’t enjoy acting such roles. She further explained that even if it looks good on screen, she prefers such scenes with seasoned actors who understand professionalism. She said, “Well, it’s a script, and Yes, I do kiss in movies. But Why will I enjoy it? 5,000 people around you. Enjoy what? I never enjoy doing nothing. There’s cameras around, it’s a scene. I prefer to actually have kissing scenes with seasoned actors who understand the professionalism of a kissing scene or a s3x scene. “S3x scene of course because everybody is all dressed up but there is movement. So there’s literally people who understand the job and are focused and are literally just running through a script.”
29 African Migrants trying to cross to Italy die as Boat Sinks in Tunisia
A boat carrying 29 African migrants trying to cross to Italy has capsized. Tunisia’s coast guard recovered 10 bodies from the migrant boat which sank near the coast, the second vessel to sink within hours off Tunisia, bringing the death toll to 29, according to a security official. According to Al Jazeera, Houssem Jebabli, a national guard official, said that the boat sank off the coast of Mahdia, without giving further details. Earlier on Sunday, a human rights group said at least 19 refugees and migrants from sub-Saharan Africa had drowned off the coast of Tunisia while trying to cross the Mediterranean and reach Italy. Romdhane Ben Amor, an official at the Forum for Social and Economic Rights (FTDES), told the Reuters news agency that the deaths also occurred when a boat carrying the refugees and migrants sank off the coast of Mahdia after a journey that started from Sfax beaches. He said the Tunisian coast guard was able to rescue five people from the boat. Tunisian authorities were not immediately available for comment. Reports of the deaths came as Italy’s ANSA news agency said more than 2,000 asylum seekers had arrived on the Italian island of Lampedusa within 24 hours. The agency described the arrivals on Saturday as a “record”. In the last four days, at least five boats carrying refugees and migrants have sunk off the southern city of Sfax, leaving 67 missing and nine dead. The coast guard previously said it had stopped about 80 boats heading for Italy in the past four days and detained more than 3,000 people, mostly from sub-Saharan African countries. The coast near Sfax has become a major departure point for people fleeing poverty and conflict in Africa and the Middle East in the hope of a better life in Europe. The latest disaster comes amid a campaign of arrests by Tunisian authorities of undocumented sub-Saharan Africans. According to United Nations data, at least 12,000 people who reached Italy this year set sail from Tunisia, compared with 1,300 in the same period of 2022. Previously, Libya was the main departure point for refugees and migrants.
Campaigns are over, let me have some fun – Tonto Dikeh
Nigerian actress cum politician, Tonto Dikeh stepped out over the weekend for a party following the conclusion of the 2023 elections.The mother of one says campaigns are over and so, it is time to have some fun.The actress shared photos of herself, which sees her already prepared for the party and about to step out.She captioned the images;”When Her Excellency, stepped out for a parryCampaigns is over🤕, let me have my time and relax before the next stage💃🏾🤲🏻..”Tonto was the Deputy Governorship Candidate of ADC in Rivers State, before she and her principal stepped down for APC’s candidate just days to the election.
Education7 months ago
Education Minister Adamu Jets Out Amid Unresolved FG, ASUU Strike
LAW2 years ago
Late President Yar’Adua’s son remanded in prison for allegedly killing four people
Business2 years ago
Court freezes jailed Ex-Bank PHB MD, Atuche’s N19.1bn
African News2 years ago
Coup in Guinea as President is detain*International communities condemn action* Defence ministry says attack repelled
Home2 years ago
Middle Belt Forum alleged foul play in Obadiah Mailafia’s death
LAW1 year ago
Major slams N2Bn suit against Army, Bank over alleged unlawful freezing of account
Business1 year ago
Abdul Samad Rabiu is now the second-richest man in Nigeria
Home2 years ago
Ondo State joined 6 others to outlaw open grazing