I’ve forgiven all those who offended me – Governor Adeleke
Governor Ademola Adeleke of Osun State has said all those who offended him have been given. This comes after the unanimous Supreme Court verdict that reaffirmed his election. He stated this while on a thank you visit to the palaces of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Olaonipekun; and Timi of Ede, Oba Munirudeen Adesola Lawal, after the Supreme Court judgment on Tuesday. Recall that the Supreme Court on Tuesday affirmed that Adeleke is the duly elected Governor of Osun State. The All Progressives Congress, APC, gubernatorial candidate, Adegboyega Oyetola, had appealed the Court of Appeal judgment which nullified the Osun gubernatorial election petition tribunal which ruled in his favour in January. In a statement made available by his spokesperson, Olawale Rasheed, on Thursday, he said, “I am now governor for all. For those who didn’t vote for me, I have no grudges against them. That’s the beauty of democracy. I have forgiven all those who offended me in our quest to serve our people.“Even though some went overboard, engaged in an overbearing attitude and were destructive towards the cause we believed in. All those have now been left behind. The victory God granted us has overwhelmed whatever anybody might have done to me in the past. The goal now is how to move Osun forward.”The Governor further praised the two monarchs for playing a huge fatherly role in the governorship project by standing as a pillar of support for him and his family.He assured the monarchs that he would not disappoint the trust the people have in him and will continue to strive to make Osun better than he met it with infrastructural development.“They initially said most of the applaudable projects we embarked on when we started our administration was because of the 2023 general election, but interestingly, we’ve never stopped delivering on projects in the state so far.“I want to assure our royal fathers and the good people of Osun that distraction is over. We will not disappoint you. We have the authority and power now, we will use it justly for the progress of this state and welfare of the people.” In his remarks, Oba Olaonipekun said the sound footing Adeleke had started his administration with has given a clear signal of a departure from the past and a brilliant outcome of what to expect.“You have started your administration brilliantly and I’m impressed with the steps you’re taking each day in the delivery of good governance for the people of our state. With my royal authority, I hereby endorse you for another term in office and a continuity of the government you’re heading in the state,” he said. On his part, Oba Lawal pledged that he would constantly remind the Governor of the promises made to the people as he wants to be the father of a Governor that would spend eight years in office in delivery of good governance.
Subsidy: Petrol hits N1,200 Per Litre in Ebonyi
Petrol now sells for N1,200 a litre in Ebonyi state, according to a report by NAN. The shocking change came after President Bola Tinubu announced the removal of fuel subsidy. Resident of Abakaliki in Ebonyi state were forced to buy petrol at a staggering N1,200 on Tuesday, according to the report. Scores of residents, who decried the high cost of petrol in the country, said they have since been engaged in panic buying. Some residents were also seen with their cans as many filling stations were under lock. A resident, Darlington Okeke, said panic buying was occasioned by Tinubu’s statement during his inauguration on Monday. Okeke stated that petrol in filling stations was sold between N800 and N1,200, against N230 per litre. Another resident, Ibrahim Ali, said black marketers sold a litre of fuel for N1,500, adding that the development was causing panic buying and frustration among residents. He, however, appealed to Tinubu to address the situation to mitigate panic buying and arbitrary hoarding of the products, which marketers introduced after the announcement by the president. Meanwhile, staff of some filling stations, who spoke under condition of anonymity, disclosed that the management of the Petroleum Dealers Association, Ebonyi State chapter, ordered the closure of fuel stations. “We are waiting for further directives,” they told NAN. Efforts to speak with the state chairman of the association, Sailas Njaka, on the development were not successful.
Troops eliminate ISWAP top commanders, 55 terrorists in Borno
At least 55 Islamic State–West Africa Province terrorists have been eliminated by Nigerian troops. Those killed included top commanders of the terrorist group. The mission was carried out by the Multinational Joint Task Force in Arege, Malam Fatori, Abadam Local Government Area of Borno State. The Niger Ministry of Defence said that it conducted a 22-day operation tagged Operation HARBIN ZUMA, targeting ISWAP strongholds. The operation, it said, was coordinated by troops of Sector 3 and Sector 4 of the MNJTF. The operation started on May 6, 2023, and ended on Sunday, May 28. According to its report, several top ISWAP commanders, including Fiya Abouzeid, Qaïd Abou Oumama, and Qaïd Malam Moustapha, as well as some religious leaders whose identities are unknown, were killed during the 22-day Operation HARBIN ZUMA. The Niger-Nigerian Air Task Force and land forces worked together to locate the enemy and cause significant damage. The troops destroyed 13 vehicles, 13 motorcycles and five Vehicles Borne Improvised Explosive Devices. Two soldiers from Nigérienne Sector 4 MNJTF were killed, three were slightly wounded, and one phantom Mrap was damaged during the operation. However, The Niger Ministry did not disclose any casualties on the Nigerian side. The main aim of Operation HARBIN ZUMA was to neutralise terrorists in their stronghold in Aregé, Nigeria. The operation also aimed to maintain pressure on the Islamic State in West Africa and eliminate any presence of armed terrorist groups in the BOSSO, BAGA, GOUDOUMBALI, and GASHIGAR areas. The operation also planned to cut off all supply routes for armed terrorist groups and reduce the threat in the region.
I pray Atiku succeeds in Nullifying Tinubu’s victory – Omokri
A former presidential aide, Reno Omokri has asked God to help Atiku Abubakar, the 2023 presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party to nullify President Bola Tinubu’s victory. Omokri took to social media to pray to God. The staunch Atiku’s ally applauded Tinubu for his bold statement on subsidy removal, meeting the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Governor, Godwin Emefiele, and the Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Mele Kyari, same day he assumed office. Tweeting, Omokri said unlike the immediate last president, Muhammadu Buhari, Tinubu started work immediately he assumed office. According to Omokri: “Making a bold statement on subsidy removal and backing it up with action. Meeting Godwin Emefiele, then Mele Kyari.“Making a string of appointments. Asserting his authority over the DSS in their face-off with the EFCC.“Tinubu, unlike Buhari, has hit the ground running. I sincerely pray that our petition will succeed and President Tinubu’s election will be nullified.“But be that as it may, I must commend the actions of his first 24 hours in office.”
Education9 months ago
Education Minister Adamu Jets Out Amid Unresolved FG, ASUU Strike
Business2 years ago
Court freezes jailed Ex-Bank PHB MD, Atuche’s N19.1bn
Home2 years ago
Middle Belt Forum alleged foul play in Obadiah Mailafia’s death
LAW2 years ago
Late President Yar’Adua’s son remanded in prison for allegedly killing four people
African News2 years ago
Coup in Guinea as President is detain*International communities condemn action* Defence ministry says attack repelled
LAW2 years ago
Major slams N2Bn suit against Army, Bank over alleged unlawful freezing of account
Business1 year ago
Abdul Samad Rabiu is now the second-richest man in Nigeria
Home8 months ago
Cristiano Ronaldo becomes the first player in History to score 700 club goals